Peninsula Branch (USA)
An Official WSKO Branch
[Home] [What is Shorinji Kempo] [Location and Time] [Joining] [Past Events] [Links]
These are brief summaries and links to information about events that relate to the Peninsula Branch. Please enjoy reading through them to get a feel for what we do, as well as see some pictures!!!
Some archived photos are also available on the old photo page as well
- New Year Party on January 3rd at the San Francisco Branch along with the Berkeley Branch. It was a great way to kick off 2015.
- Annual Cleaning Day on May 2nd of the San Mateo JACC was in the spring this year. Thank you for all the help!
- Demo in San Mateo was on May 16 (Sat). Thank you for everyone that came, and also to the San Mateo Library and SMJACC for inviting us. Pictures are coming to our Facebook page.
- Demo at Saratoga Hakone Gardens was on May 17 (Sun). Back-to-back demo! Thank you for all the help. Thank you Hakone Gardens for the invite. Pictures are coming to our Facebook page.
- Shorinji Kempo UNITY Study Session was held in Coral Springs, FL (near Fort Lauderdale) in July. Great session.
- Another Demo in San Mateo On September 27th, our "youth" were invited to put up a short demo in Central Park in San Mateo. Video here courtesy of our kenshi.
- 7th European Taikai in LIsbon Portugal. Also celebrated the 40th anniversary of Shorinji Kempo in Portugal. Thanks for letting our member take participate. The event page is here
- 10th Anniversary of our own Peninsula Branch. To cerebrate this milestone, we held a small party on December 6th. See the photo's on our Facebook page!
- Mt Diablo Branch 25th Anniversary on Oct 18 our neighbor, the Mt Diablo Branch, is celebrating its 25th year with a joint practice and demonstration. We'll be there!
- Annual Cleaning Day on Oct 11 at the San Mateo JACC, and we were happy to help once again. See the pics on our Facebook page.
- Demo in Millbrae on October 5. Invited by the Kokusei-Ryu Shiginkai, we performed a quick 2 minute collaborative demonstration with Shigin (poetry reciting). See the video on our Facebook page.
- Demo in Monterey on July 13 and 27. Hosted by the Monterey Branch, we were there for the July 13th demo. Read this local newspaper article that mentions the demo.
- Hakone Festival was on May 18 (Sunday) this year. We were invited once again to put up a 30 minute demo. Thanks to everyone that came to watch as well as participate.
- Cherry Blossom Festival in San Francisco. As usual we took part, supporting the San Francisco Branch. See the Facebook page for photos.
- Jan 4 (Sat) was a joint New Year practice & party with the San Francisco and Berkeley Branches. Hosted at the San Francisco Branch
- August 23 - 29: World Taikai in Osaka , and the International Seminar in Tadotsu at the worldwide headquarters. It's a once every four year event. See picts in our Facebook page, as well as on the headquarter page.
- July 6 (Sat): We were invited by the San Mateo Nippon Gakuyen to do an interactive demo with their students. Thanks for the invitation. Also thanks to the San Francisco Branch for their help.
- May 20 (Sun): We were invited to demonstrate at the Hakone Garden festival once again.
- July 8 (Sun): The Monterey branch put up an annual demonstration during the summer festival there. We were there!
- Labor Day Weekend: Seminar and Taikai in Vancouver, Canada. Lot's of good practice and meeting friends. Of course the event itself was great too!
- April 10 (Sun): San Francisco Branch had their annual demonstration during the SF Japantown Cherryblossom Festival.
- May 15 (Sun): Demonstration at the Hakone Garden. Thanks to the San Francisco Branch and Monterey Branch for their support! Please see the photo on our Facebook page
- Labor Day Weekend: A training camp in the SF Bay Area, hosted by the Mt.Diablo Branch. See the host's report on the WSKO website.
- Oct 22 (Sat). SMJACC Fall Cleaning. This is an annual tradition for us now. As a "special class" will be putting our motto of working with the local community into action.
- Oct 10 (Sat): was a special session. Every year, we show our spirit to support the local community by helping the annual cleanning of the SMJACC buildings. This year was no exception. Thank you to all that came and helped.
- Aug 16 (Sun): The Los Angeles branch (the oldest branch in the US) held its annual demonstration in Little Tokyo, along with the South Bay and the Caltech Branches. Our branch master, Yoshi Karahashi, was lucky enough to be in the LA area on that day, and thanks to the LA branch's hospitality, he participated in this traditional event. LA Branch's report is available here.
- July 25 - 29: WSKO held a large international event in Bali. Although parts of the plan and schedule were changed, it was a successful and fun event. Peninsua branch master, Yoshi Karahashi, attended the sessions. WSKO's report is avaiable here on their website.
- July 12 (Sun): As in the recent years, we supported a public demonstration put up by the Monterey Branch. A report of it is available here.
- May 17 (Sun): Once again, we performed a public demonstration at the Hakone Garden. A combined report about our March, April and May demonstrations are available on the WSKO website HERE
- April 15: We were honoured to welcome McCulloch-sensei, the branch master of the Toronto branch (...yes, that's in Canada). A short article is on their blog site HERE. Thank you, McCulloch-sensei!
- April 12: The San Francisco Branch, once again, performed during the San Francisco Japan Town Cherryblossom Festival. We, the Peninsula Branch, along with the Berkeley Branch were there as well!
- March 7: We were invited by the local Japanese School association to perform a demonstration. There was an article that mentioned us on the NichiBei Times. Did you see it?
- October 3, 4, 5: San Jose Silicon Valley Branch hosted an official WSKO seminar, and the first North America "Taikai" The report is available here
- October 11 (Sat): SMJACC had its annual clean-up day, and we are proud to have helped out once again.
- July 13 (Sun): Similar to last year, the Monterey branch hosted a public demonstration during the Monterey Buddhist Temple's summer festival. Great demo with people from the Monterey, Peninsula, and Mt.Diablo branches taking part.
- May 18 (Sun): Once again, we were invited to put up a public demonstration during the "Matsuri" Festival at the Hakone Gardens in Saratoga. Big sucess, many thanks to everyone that helped out, as well as to the warm audience!
- April 13 (Sun): San Francisco Branch hosted a public demonstration during the San Francisco Japan Town Cherryblossom Festival. Thanks to all that helped out! It was a great day!
Created and Maintained by: Shorinji Kempo Peninsula
Copyright © 2004 - 2016, Shorinji Kempo Peninsula -- All Rights Reserved
SHORINJI KEMPO is a Registered Trademark of the World Shorinji Kempo Organization.